Responsible for the development of BI assets, analytical tools and enterprise data warehouse that supports the decision-making process of the business and management team. The team member will have a strong understanding of the Microsoft BI stack and/or other analytical tools in addition to Kimball dimensional modeling concepts. Will be viewed as a technical lead on the team and problem solver.
- Maintain existing BI solutions while looking for opportunities to improve them.
- • Gather requirements for new BI solutions from multiple users; able to translate business requirements into actual solutions while maintaining a high level of accuracy and data integrity.
- Strong ability to translate business requirements into technical terms for other team members.
- Collaborate with other team members to consolidate the data landscape to reduce the development time and increase consistency among BI solutions.
- Lead complex projects to completion.
- Train and coach less experienced staff members in database best practices and Kimball dimensional modeling.
- Provide architectural guidance.
- Strong technical aptitude and enjoys working with data.
- Provides and welcomes feedback.
- Must be able to adjust when there is a shift in priorities.
- Excellent communicator with individuals and groups at all levels.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to manage user expectations.
- Good organizational, time management, and listening skills.
- Self-motivated and keeps on task.
- Desire for learning.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Microsoft SQL server.
- Ability to troubleshoot stored procedures and other TSQL code.
- Apply advanced query tuning techniques leveraging execution plans.
- Understands how indexes work.
- Experience developing on multiple analytic platforms such as PowerBI, SSRS, SSAS, Qlik, QuickSight, etc.
- Experience conducting code reviews and providing feedback.
- Practices Kimball dimensional modeling.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT and/or 3+ year’s BI experience.